Monday, November 12, 2012

Crochet Christmas Tree Coasters







I thought this granny tree pattern was too cute! Almost every one likes a hot cuppa during the winter months, so coasters seemed like a useful thing to make. Handmade touches here and there add to the charm of the holidays. When I use some thing that some one took the time to make me, I think of them and it always brings a smile to my face.
I happened to find holiday colors in Red Heart's Shimmer yarns on sale this summer. Perfect for this project. This yarn is soft and pliable so I added a felt backing to give them a little more stability. It was easy to stitch to the felt with either decorative stitching or a whip stitch. To make a set of coasters, I crocheted one in each color and tied the finished set with a bow. They would look great in one of those sheer fabric pull-string gift bags.

The pattern and tutorial can be found on The Royal Sisters Blog . She has tons of adorable ideas and patterns to make on there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment