Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Aran Cable Afghan

So far, so good!
Lionbrand Thick & Quick / Wheat Color #402


Getting ready to start on this pattern. Need to exhange needles first since I am using bulky yarn instead of chunky. I decided on Wool-Ease Thick & Quick color #402 Wheat. My guys are hard on things so I thought this had a better chance of survival:) Machine washable and dryable.


** ordered longer circular needles (US 13- 60"), but have finished the cast ons on the shorter ones till the new arrive.


Notes: Since I did choose a larger yarn the afghan is going to be much larger than the pattern calls for & of coarse will need more yarn. Im thinking it will probably cover a twin bed with no problem. Since I am keeping this one for me I dont mind changes. The Thick and Quick yarn is making this a very heavy and warm afghan...great for living up north.

No comments:

Post a Comment