Thursday, March 12, 2015

Easter Bunny Pin

I've been making these for years now...they make cute small gifts for teachers & friends.
The pattern is for a mouse, but I also use it for the bunny. Allow an extra length of jute/twine (double it) for the larger bunny ears when you cut your pieces. I knotted twice the length I wanted for the bunny body, cut the ends leaving about half inch tails to be hot glued in the middle of the body when I folded it in half to make it a lapel pin. It just gives it a little more stability (helps keep the ears flat) and adds some shape. For the bunny, I glued the whiskers on the back at the top, and the pin on the lower body. A small piece of tan felt will hide the glue. You can also add a small bow by one of the ears. Easy peasy:)





Easter Bunny & Christmas Mouse 



I already had the body done when I decided to finish a mouse for 
the photo. The ears could be a little smaller for the mouse pins.







No comments:

Post a Comment