Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Scrapbooked" Magnet Board









It started out as a plain wooden frame... not wanting to stain it and have to wait to decorate, I applied a brown ink pad to it to create the finish. It turned out great and only took minutes to get the desired affect I was looking for. Scrapbook papers in different animal prints and co-ordinating colors were inked around the edges and modge podged in place. Once that dried I sprayed it with a clear acid-free finishing spray (paper and ink friendly) and added some metalic accents around the frame to add some flair. Used the same technique on the magnets so they would match.
This was made for my daughter as a surprise.... so, I hope she likes it!
Her livingroom is themed with browns, blacks, animal prints and natural colors with a touch of burnt red/burgundy.

No comments:

Post a Comment