Sunday, April 14, 2013

We celebrated my husband's birthday tonight. Kelsey made a wonderful birthday supper for dad ....seasoned and grilled steaks, crab legs, salad , loaded potato rounds... and she decorated with streamers, he loved it! He is definitely a meat and potatos guy. It never ceases to amaze me how good of a cook she is...I'm so proud!
Since she made supper, I baked his birthday cake. We tried a new recipe.... Cookies and cream brownie cake. It turned out great, easy to make, but very rich! The only problem I had was the spring form pan I used didn't spring . Go figure, we tried every thing to get it out of the pan. We finally gave up, but it tasted good all the same. My son likes to help me cook some times and he had never heard of a spring form pan, so when I was trying to open it he was standing there waiting with his hands out.....hahaha he thought the cake would pop-up and out of the pan. Mom and I got a good laugh out of that one!!
Happy Birthday Dad!


Carmen stole my seat while I was up getting drinks....yes, she saw the crab  legs! Stinker!


To funny, she must be tired ....I caught her mid yawn. Awww


Birthday Boy!!


Cookies and Cream Brownie Cake



You can see we had a little trouble getting it out of the pan.....but it was still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment