Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Iris Folding

Teapot ATC's



The original pattern for this was to large for an ATC , so I just shrank it down to the size I needed. I've been enjoying iris folding for the last few years now and even though it's easy to do, it always seems to amaze the receiver. I also like making cards or framed pictures for gifts with this technique.
Again, since ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) are only about the size of a baseball card, I used tissue paper instead of scrap booking or origami paper. Since each strip of paper is individually placed, it can become quite lumpy or thick on a small project. There are tons of shapes and free patterns all over the net, so you can pretty much just pick your subject and look for the pattern.
As you can guess, the subject for this swap was teapots...any color, any technique. Both of my cards are on their way to the Netherlands this time around. 



No comments:

Post a Comment