Thursday, October 9, 2014

Holiday Knitting

I have no problems starting new projects, but for some reason I didn't even get a start on this one last year. 
Just in case things get busy again, I thought I would start and finish this one early. 
These scarves aren't really made for warmth, but I thought my mom would like it to wear to church
during the Christmas season. Thought it would look great with her dress coat.
The yarn is made by Ice...and I loved it the minute I saw it. Not sure if I was just a lucky one or 
if all the skeins are like this , but working with it has been a total pain. It was wound into a regular skein, which was fine,
but it was also twisted the whole length. When working with the netting type of yarn you have to open it up as you go
to knit it. Really hard to do while it's twisted. I think it will be worth it though. I put my guys to work holding the yarn 
as I untwisted and rewound it to make it easier to work with. Lol my guys are manly men so one holding the yarn while the other 
manned our cat Khloe was entertaining in itself. Just call it karma!






No comments:

Post a Comment