Sunday, February 8, 2015

Crochet Crowd Mystery Afghan 2015

I've always wanted to do a mystery afghan, but always seem to find them way after they have already started. This time I'm cutting it close, but I'm still on time to be in on it from the beginning.
This one can be crochet or knit. I would rather knit it as I've never created a knit afghan, but I'm a very slow knitter and have some difficulties following some of the directions. In order to keep up with the weekly clues/pattern, I've chosen to try the crochet version.
There will be thousands of crocheters and knitters participating globally in this one and posting pictures of their progress. I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful color combinations and how I'm gonna measure up. I'm terrible at choosing colors, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. I'll be posting my progress as I finish the weekly clues/pattern. I'm hoping I don't run into trouble! This afghan is said to challenge and teach new techniques, but sounds fun.

All crocheters and knitters welcome ...check it out in the link below.



 Finding this mystery afghan project with just two days before it starts the clues, didn't leave me very much time to select my color palette. I went and bought my yarn today. Just my luck,
 I found it on a Sunday, and Hobby Lobby is closed. My Walmart didn't have much of a yarn selection left. There was very little Caron Soft and I didn't see any Bernat yarn.
So, with no time left to order, I had to substitute the brand. It shouldn't really change the over all look. 
It's the same medium weight, acrylic, and same yardage, but calls for a different hook.
It should work out just fine though:)





Ok, I was told the light was not good in the first couple 
photos so I am adding a third one. If it's not good lighting in this 
one, well then I give up on it lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment