Tuesday, July 28, 2009

YFC Camp 2009



That's roughing it?????
This years summer YFC Camp (Youth for Christ) was in Lake City, Michigan.
My kids have just returned home safely with no broken bones this year! Dalton signed up to
go, but then was having second thoughts-- alot of them, he didnt want to go after all....this was his first time at camp. Needless to say, he loved it, thanked me for making him go, and wants to go again next year. Kelsey (his sister) has went several times already and thought he would enjoy going ..... so she is the one that got him into the program.
Its very costly to go and we could not have afforded one let alone both kids to go, but the church
supports its youth and worked to get scholarships for them. The kids also did their part and held different activities to help earn money for the trip. So, from the bottom of my heart I thank the people who have sponsered the youth. Its a great environment and an experience that I'm glad they were given the chance to have.
Dalton also said the food was great and they could have as much as they wanted. LOL
Ok, back in the day when I went to camp they were barely above Health Department standards & you never ate the food until you had too! So,I was just Wow'd by the "resort like " camp, the friendly leaders and good food !They are still talking about all the activities and the fun things they did at camp, including the challenges they faced. Both of my kids had a wonderful time and will have lots of good memories to carry with them.
So, again I thank you all .... hearing about the testimonies and experiences they shared at camp was chicken soup for my soul!
(Above: The last night at camp was a semi-formal dinner night)

No comments:

Post a Comment