Friday, February 19, 2010

Owl Stuffies...






I'm totally into owls for some reason, so I thought I'd try my hand at making some stuffies. Most of these are original patterns of my own. I have mixed and matched different pattern pieces to make the owls shown. I like to hand draw my patterns and then create the owl stuffies. It just gives me an idea of what I'm trying to create . I've had a flop or two .... but kept to the drawing board. The basic materials for these little wonders are felt and DMC threads, but I have experimented with the pre-quilted fabrics, fleece and felted sweaters too.
It's pretty funny actually, I went to the Good Will store to hunt for some pure wool sweaters... planning to felt them, but I found two sweaters that some one had already felted and shrunk by accident. Oops ... They were only a couple of dollars for all that fabric and ready for me to cut when I got them home. How fun is that?!
The third owl pictured is from a magazine pattern I found at Joann Fabrics...
was thrilled to find some thing new.
The DMC threads just add color and detail if hand stitching is applied.

2 comments:

  1. These owls are terrific. I especially love the second one!
    I wish you a wonderful weekend!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much....they are fun to make=)

    ReplyDelete