Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall Quilt



All my quilts have stories of some sort behind them, but Im only gonna picture a couple for now.
This is one of my favorites...we got this in Tenn. the year my son was born. We went to a quilt show at Dollywood and of coarse I fell in love with it so it had to come home with us. Its a sweet
reminder of our trip while the kids were little and the last year my Dad was with us.

First, you have to understand that my dad was sort of a tightwad in a funny kind of way....
here we are walking through Dollywood and my dad spots this fudge stand. He also loved food. So he pulls this dollar out of his wallet and tells the gal he wants a dollars worth. Im not sure if she didnt hear him or was telling him in a nice way that that was the smallest piece you could get. She hands him a piece and tells him that will be five dollars.... after he already took a bite of it. I thought he was gonna choke on it.

We were all laughing, the look on his face was priceless! (and it was the best fudge I have ever tasted!). Love the memories and the laugh it still brings us.

No comments:

Post a Comment