Saturday, December 15, 2012

Chunky Crochet Cowl








 Finished my last handmade gift for Christmas for this year. I chose a close fitting cowl pattern for those really cold days. Its short in width & length and will fit well in the collar of a coat. I have never understood the point of making or wearing some thing that doesn't actually fit to keep your neck warm unless its meant to be dressy. This pattern doesn't have a permanent closure, its adjustable and fastened with a jewelry pin or shawl pin...but I thought my mom would be more comfortable with some thing that fastened. So, I went ahead one of my vintage buttons. She can fasten it so the button shows or doesn't show depending on how loose or snug she wants it.
 I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, Grey Marble with an N-Hook.

cowl:   http://freecrochetpatterndownloads.blogspot.ca/p/scarf-cowl-pattern.html


Christmas Morning ~ and it was a winner! She liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment