Saturday, August 9, 2014

Pasta Fajioli (crockpot recipe)

I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. It was a big hit with my family, and it's now on my husbands list of favorites. 
I get bored making the same things all the time. This is one thing that technology has made easier for me.  I tweeked the recipe a bit, using what I already had on hand or more to our liking.







I substituted sliced (drained ) carrots instead of corn , added sliced and drained mushrooms & used large butter beans instead of white kidney beans ...which I could not find here. Turned out wonderful. 
The meat and pasta are added just before serving..so I kept the noodle separate. I didn't like them in mine but everyone else did. So they added what they wanted to their own serving. Worked out good for everyone. I also wasn't sure how noodles would freeze so I left them out of the portions to be frozen.

I also made homemade garlic butter and toasted some kieser rolls. Way better than saltine crackers with the soup! 
http://grandmabeesrecipes.com/pasta-e-fagoili-crockpot-recipe/
Fajoili

Hopefully I have this technology thing figured out...I need to add the posts I have saved up while figuring it all out. Thanks for being patient .

No comments:

Post a Comment