Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Four Hearts Square




Can you see the four hearts? My son thought it looked sorta like a flower. Easy pattern...but I changed the first round of the pattern to the basic beginner granny square center. It was just easier for me. kept the same number of stitches around and in the corners. Followed the rest of the pattern without a hitch.
Four Hearts Pattern (will need to scroll down till you see it.)

This is what I did for the basic square center (Rnd 1)-
ch4, join with sl st to form ring.
ch3 (counts as first dc), 2dc in ring , ch2 ( 3dc in ring, ch2, 3dc) 3 times
join with sl st to first dc.

then follow the rest of the pattern as written.

Im saving all my scraps of yarn from these small projects & putting them in an empty suet cake bird feeder. I saw all my little lovelies picking at it the other day ... cant wait to see some of the pretty nests. Last year I found that some of the little birds had lined one of the bird houses up in the tree by our front porch. Yarn was sticking out every where...too cute!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! The "Four Hearts Pattern" looks great!

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete