Thursday, October 10, 2013

Culinary Arts at The Dragon Cafe'










My son is taking Culinary Arts for one of his classes...and the school has a restaurant," The Dragon Cafe & The Hot Spot Bakery",  that serves lunch and is open to the public. So, a few of us got together and decided to go check it out. I was hoping to get some pictures behind the scenes in the kitchen, but we finished our meal right before the afternoon rush started arriving, so maybe next time.
Today's menu was an Italian themed meal chosen by my son and his Culinary Arts partner....

Today's Menu:
* Bread sticks with parmesan-butter
* Spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette
* Warm Apple Twisted shrimp & pasta
* Chocolate Italian cookies

I have to say lunch was amazing!! The bread was fresh and warm, really liked the subtle parmesan flavor. The vinaigrette was on the sweet side which complimented the spinach salad (loved it). The shrimp and pasta was along the lines of shrimp scampi. This was actually my first time having shrimp and pasta together. Usually I'm being picky and it's either one or the other, but I have to say that it surprised me and was really good. The Italian cookie~ hummm, how do you describe a chocolate cookie?...Yummm!! I think it was the perfect finish to a nice meal! ( Ok, the cookie was my favorite. Can't help but love sweets!)

Thanks for lunch guys, you all can cook for me any time...hint hint =)

No comments:

Post a Comment