Saturday, July 7, 2012

Granny Afghan WIP











Its been soooo HOT out! Yes, I am a big baby when it comes to the heat. I have never been so grateful for air-conditioning! I figured it was the perfect time to stay in and work on some of my projects! Ive been skipping around a bit ...playing with colors in my stash and making squares for my first granny afghan. I started one of my granny squares and then decided to just keep going and make a large one for the middle. I should have made it more rectangular than square, but I think it will work out alright. I might need to adjust the design a bit.There are a few more rows to go before Im ready to add the border color and start adding my 7x7 granny squares around the larger square. Then ,of coarse, I have to tuck in all those ends.
I always intend to pick light summery colors and end up migrating to darker ones, and this time was no different. Both my guys like the colors I picked, which is really surprising since there is pink in it, not enough to make it look really girly, but just enough to add some color shading. I like the over all-effect though--my favorite colors are the shades of turquoise so I tried to add a little more of those.


No comments:

Post a Comment