Thursday, July 19, 2012

New Stash....








Above are the new fabrics for my moms porch cushions. They all compliment each other & the one cream piece has some beautifully embroidered designs.











Most of these fabrics are blues and greens. I love that color palette, but they are some what hard to discern in the photo.




I have to say that I think we hit the jackpot today!! We were just out and about waiting for my sons class to end and came across this home decor shop, LS Home. Beautiful shop, but when I saw it I thought it was one of the high end shops you can usually browse in but not really afford. For the most part I was right, but luck was on our side today. They had a sidewalk sale of left over materials used for upholstery and other home accents. Once we started checking out what they had, we found enough materials for pillows & my mom found a larger stash of fabric to re-do all the cushions on her back porch and add some accent pillows too. The funny thing was that the fabrics are all Ralph Lauren, which would be pretty costly if you were to buy them out right. We got all the fabrics for a dollar each and my moms larger fabric for three dollars. You cant beat that!! Im sure her back porch will look adorable with the new fabrics and white wicker furniture. Im saving my new stash for a rainy day, I know want to make some new pillows, but Im keeping an open mind for the rest....oh and did I mention I found a whole big box of spiral grapevine branches loaded with pretty red berries. I got the whole box for five dollars(saved $30.00). Im saving those for porch decorations fall/winter. Usually I have the worst luck ever, but today not so much=)

No comments:

Post a Comment