Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Granny Square Swap









The term "Granny Square" was used as a generic description for this swap. We are supposed to knit or crochet a 6 x 6 inch square, any color, any design. This is one in a series of swaps...in the end we should have enough to put together an afghan, sorta like a mystery project. Im excited, its been a long time since Ive done any swaps like this. I'm looking forward to seeing all the color combo's and designs. I have been searching through patterns looking for uncommon designs & practicing so I can send my partners some thing unusual. I got a late start on these swaps so I plan on using some of my practice squares as fill ins. I am doing some private swaps to get caught up too...I like the idea of receiving squares from other countries & different states around the US. Makes for a great story behind your afghan.(Above: each square I make doesnt need to match since each one goes to a different partner.)
If I do decide to make my own afghan some time, I would go with the multi and dark raspberry. Luv the colors!
Found a great tutorial on how to sew all these granny squares together...she has a great blog and some really cool square patterns.

This pattern was published in Country Afghans Magazine Spring 2000 issue.
"Reversible Delft Tiles"

No comments:

Post a Comment