Wednesday, September 12, 2012

August/September Swap Squares


                                                Above: 12 petal daisy granny square





I think these turned out pretty nice. Hopefully the people that receive them will think so too! I tried some new flower patterns this time, well new to me. Looking for some thing sweet and cheery. What do you think? I'm thinking I like the flower on top the most, but cant decide which one I like better for sure. I have a couple other flower patterns that I havent gotten to yet. Waiting for some down time to work on those.
I'm looking for a cute pattern for a baby afghan. Its been eons since Ive made one. Making these swap squares gave me an idea of what the patterns would look like & send some thing different to those in the swap. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak. The colors were picked via their profiles, even though they ended up blue & pink. So far I have come up with three ideas for this afghan: 1) send the jewel toned afghan I have been working and just finish the edging instead of making more surrounding squares. The colors are actually kinda perfect. (2) find and make a pattern with flowers and grannies (3) forget the grannies and go with a cute bobble pattern. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment