Thursday, September 13, 2012

National Crochet Day...















Since today is National Crochet Day, I decided to put the last row of trim around the middle square of my jewel tone granny afghan. Unfortunately, this project has been pushed to the side lately. I had hoped to be closer to the finish than I am, but I should have expected that. Its been
rainy out today, one of those dreary days where the sun is hidden under a bunch of clouds and rain comes down in spurts. Perfect time to get back on track with a project. I hope every one picked up their hooks today and celebrated the tradition of crochet even if it was just for a moment or two.
My next step for this afghan is to finish making the smaller (7 inch) surrounding granny squares. I have a good start on them, but need to incorporate the shades of pinks I added to the larger square on a whim. There isnt really a pattern for this afghan, its just straight up granny stitching. Here's an idea of what it will look like with the small squares around it. Khloe seemed to like it a lot=)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! My cat does the same thing when I work on my project! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete