Saturday, May 23, 2009

Friday Night Knitting





This is Knitting Your Way, our local yarn (knitting and crochet) shop. With Jean's help I have been able to fix some boo-boo's in my WIP project. I'm coming along in my "Dishcloth" shawl and hope to get it finished soon. So many projects, so little time! Its taken me a lot longer than I thought it would, but I'm not giving up! This will be my first finished knitting project. I've actually got a long way to go before I can say I'm a "knitter". I've met some really nice new people and there's a lot of projects going on in the group. Every thing from shrugs, hats, dish cloths, shawls, tanks tops, and sweaters. I enjoyed swapping patterns today, and got lots more ideas for future projects. You've gotta start some where... Lots of patterns and ideas floating around. They are all an inspiration. Jean is the store owner, teacher & our knitting nurse. Everyone brings in their projects to work on or be fixed. Soon everyone is planning on making knit helmet liners to go under our troops helmets and will be sent out at the end of the summer. For me this will be a challenge, but I know help will be standing by. ( I'm hoping to be able to add the pattern for those at a later date.) Any way, I'm having a lot of fun with this new craft and am hoping by this time next year I will be a KNITTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment