Monday, June 25, 2012

Crabapple




A couple of weeks ago my mom had told me she wanted her crabapple tree trimmed. Between the heat wave and storms that came after that it was sorta forgotten for the time being.
My son & I were dropping her off at home when we remembered the tree. Mom walked right up the sidewalk (laughing) saying " I dont see what the big deal is, it works for me just fine..." It took us a minute to get the joke! Mom is the only one short enough out of everybody that could walk under the branches and not have them touch her. The lowest branch would have clothes-lined anyone else. After we all got done laughing about it we gave it a good trim. All the sidewalks are now clear of hanging branches!
The short jokes are a never ending thing in our family, your either tall or short. There's not really an in-between for us. Im so glad my mom has a great sense of humor. She's a wonderful person, we are so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment