Saturday, June 9, 2012

Jewel Tone Grannies











I started out making these rich jewel tone grannies to send out for some of my swaps, but Im really liking the colors. Not usually what I would set out to choose but turquoise is one of my favorite colors and these seem to work together. Im not sure what Im going to do with all these afghan WIP's yet but I know I wont have room to store them all here on a permanent basis. Looks like I might be giving some for Christmas presents. At least if they are worked on now they should be complete by then=)
Since I really liked the idea of handmade tags for the swap squares, I decided to give it a go. I like the fact that it adds some thing personal and gives the information needed. Mine arent all that fancy...simple really. I bought the pre-cut tags and stamped them & dressed them up with some ink around the edges. When Im feeling more creative I can add the pretty printed papers and decorations, have the inks and design match the color of my swap squares or even change the string to matching yarn. Not today though, I have to be in the mood for that sort of thing and Im just not feeling it.

2 comments:

  1. I love your grannies in jewel tones. I haven't seen it done in that and its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You=) I'm hoping to finish it soon. Its gotten pushed to the bottom of the list lately.

      Delete