(Above:) finished original pattern
I added some of my own decorative stitching to the original pattern, between the leaves and on the corner flowers.
Finished top & bottom pieces
Bottom of biscornu
Uh-Oh she sees it ...
shes going for it... and Yes, she is faster than Mom...
Happy & cuddling with what she thinks is her new toy...
Awww...and mom takes it. Sorry Khloe maybe next time =)
I didnt like the original shade of yellow used in the pattern, so I substituted it with DMC color # 742. It was stitched on Oatmeal colored 14-count aida. This design is 57x57, but I wanted a blank row between the edging and the design so mine is 59x59. I did add some of my own decorative stitches to the original pattern, between the leaves and on the corner flowers. For the bottom, I trimmed the square with the stem pattern of the larger flowers & used the same pattern as the front middle square to finish it. Both are on the original pattern.
During this project is when my cat (Khloe) discovered that the floss moves when Im stitching. I had been stitching on it for a couple of days, but apparently it didnt really catch her attention till last night. It was getting late and I had been determined to get as close to finished as I could. So, while I was finishing up the row I was working on I got thoroughly pounced! She is so fast! We havent been cat owners for long, but the surprises never end. She was so intent on watching the floss as I made my last stitches our dog Olie managed to sneek up behind her. He was proud Im sure. After the excitement we were all ready for bed.