I dont know about your family, but mine gets tired of eating the same things over and over again. This is one of the reasons we are always trying new recipes. No, cooking is not one of my favorite things to do! I like to make things that are fast and filling. We are trying to eat more healthy, but we still love the warm comfort foods. I like to bake in the oven, so I tend to choose recipes that accommodate that. This is called Italian Layer Bake, and it was a keeper! Yumm! I found the recipe on Pinterest , but am providing the original link to the recipe. It was all gone the first night I made it. No left overs. My son hates ham, so for his portion I left the ham off & omitted the roasted peppers altogether.( Heartburn is an issue at our house.) We did use the swiss cheese in the recipe and added some colby jack cheese to break up the layers. You can tweek this recipe to include the meats and cheeses you like. I also bought 2 tubes of crescent rolls & used a larger glass pan.Yes, I will be making this recipe throughout the winter this year =)
Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) container refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 slices deli turkey (about 1/2 pound)
- 8 slices deli ham (about 1/2 pound)
- 12 slices deli hard salami (about 1/2 pound)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
What To Do:
- Preheat to 350 degrees F. Unroll crescent roll dough without separating triangles. Separate dough into 2 squares along center cut line.
- Place 1 square of dough into an 8-inch square baking ; using your fingertips, press dough to fit bottom of dish.
- Layer with half the turkey, ham, salami, Swiss cheese, and roasted . Pour half of beaten eggs over peppers and repeat with remaining meats, cheese, and peppers.
- Place remaining square of dough over peppers. Pour remaining beaten over dough and cover lightly with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes, remove foil, and bake an additional 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden and heated through. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes then cut and serve.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Italian-Layer-Bake/ml/1#LD94TrbUKYxvUsuv.99